10 Basic rules
Is my gaming behaviour a problem?
1) Have you ever been late to work or school as a result of gambling?
2) Have there ever been family problems or arguments due to your gambling habits?
3) Has gambling damaged your reputation?
4) Do you often have a bad conscience after you’ve played?
5) Do you deliberately play to make up for what you have lost?
6) Do you find it hard to concentrate on things other than gambling?
7) When you have lost, do you have the feeling that you need to go back to the amusement arcade as fast as possible to win back the money you’ve lost?
8) When you have won, do you have the urge to carry on playing immediately to further increase your winnings?
9) Have you spent your last money quite often?
10) Have you borrowed money to be able to play?
11) Have you sold things to finance your gambling habit?
12) Do you feel reluctant to spend your “gambling money” on other things?
13) Have you ever continued playing even though you felt you were damaging yourself and other people by doing so?
14) Do you often exceed the time limits you have set yourself for gambling?
15) Do you gamble to forget worries, anger, loneliness or other problems?
16) Have you ever thought about financing your gaming behaviour illegally?
17) Does gambling cause you sleepless nights?
18) Do you ever play because you are disappointed or frustrated?
19) Have you ever lost control because the game didn‘t turn out the way you wanted it to?
20) Do you try to conceal your passion for gaming?
If you have asked yourself honestly and answered yes to more than three (3) questions, your gaming behaviour may be a problem. we recommend that you admit to yourself that it would be sensible to contact one of the advice centers.